Sunday 22 January 2017

Reflection Blog post 1

I feel that the use of communication allows me to get to know the person better or the audience during a speech. I believe that listening and talking helps me to gain more learning experience and this form of communication pushes me forward to become enthusiastic and fluent with my speeches and conversation. It can also help me reflect on my tone and my stance as they express deeply on how I feel towards the receiver or audience.
I am sometimes troubled on how I should go with the flow of my speeches and my direct eye contact towards the audience. I seem to be okay talking one to one with someone but I am not very good at speaking clearly to a group of people as I became very nervous during a speech or presentation. I use reference materials such as presentation speech written cards so that I will not accidentally adlib my speech.
I want to be able to speak freely, positively and persuasively to the audience so that I can get my message of my presentation through with confidence. A direct communicative speech can be improved by learning more presentation and speech skills. I hope that I will be able to explain my presentation and understand more of the audience properly as a presenter must know who he is showing and telling to.

Understanding the audience or the other person in conversation may be very crucial to hone my communication skills. It is better to have both the parties, the speaker and audience to communicate with one another to create a strong atmosphere of connection of the topic presentation. I hope that this course will help me to overcome the difficulties of presentation and speech so that I can improve on making a proper oral presentative communication with everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Daniel, I like your post as you wrote your personal experience and in such a way that it still answers the question on hand. I believe that you might actually be not as nervous as you think you are as seen today. Though there are some points that I agree that you have made like how you require a speech written cards and your eye contacts, it would be better if you could memorize the slides beforehand and maintain a less formal feeling in presentations like today.
    In terms of content wise, the flow is quite good, the meaning was well conveyed too. One thing to comment on would perhaps be to check on the wordings you use. For example, in the last paragraph second line, you used the phrase 'both the parties, the speaker and audience'; in which the words 'the parties' should be removed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniel, thanks for sharing your personal experience. I agree that through exposure, we can reflect and improve our speeches. In my opinion, having speech cards with you during presentations is alright. Personally, I feel that having these cards with me makes me feel less nervous as I can depend on them whenever I forget what to say. However, I think that it would be better if we could rely less on these cards so that we can focus on the audience and have better stage presence.

    I like the way you present your objective. The way you explain helps me to understand your thoughts. I believe that by stepping out of your comfort zone, you will be able to learn and experience even more. And as you expose yourself to more presentations, you would begin to feel more comfortable. I hope that you will be able to overcome your difficulties of presentation and speech!

    ReplyDelete